Last weekend my daughter started a tradition, or at least what I hope will be a tradition. On the way to skating practice she asked me what five things I was looking forward to in the week ahead. I spent the next hour watching my daughter and friends skate about and with shaky, cold fingers I set about posting my “Frozen Five” from the rink to this blog. Here we are again and sure enough, my daughter asked about what five things I’m looking forward to this week. Here’s my list:
5. Inservice on Algebraic Reasoning: Tomorrow we’re revisiting the topic of Algebraic Reasoning as part of our inservice plan for the year. I actually enjoy these days quite a bit because I learn so much from spending the day with teachers as they discuss their craft. Should be a great day!?
4. Tuesday – Tuesday is going to be an office day. As much as I fight staying in my office during the week, I’m looking forward to Tuesday and having a quiet day (our students and staff are off for the holiday) to catch up on my ever growing to do list. Soft music, keyboard clicking…looking forward to it!
3. Christmas Trees – That’s right, Christmas Trees. Little known fact: my father-in-law owns a Christmas Tree farm and for three to four days every year I get to totally unplug, drive tractors, play in the dirt and set up a Vermont Christmas Tree stand. It is one of the most refreshing things for me and I sincerely enjoy every minute…especially using chain saws and tractors!?
2. Sleeping in…a little – During the work week I’m up at 4 a.m. and out the door by 5 a.m. in an attempt to keep pace with things. I do alright with it, but every once in a while I need to recharge my batteries. That’s what this week is going to be about!
1. Family – This week is all about family and I can’t wait to get it started!