Yesterday was my daughter’s birthday party…her first friend party. I have some experience with this particular brand of party, but I still learned a lot. Here’s my learning summed up:
- Avoid rolly food – I’ve learned this lesson before but failed to remember it. NO ROLLY FOOD.
- Keep it simple – We tied a pumpkin to a piece of string, hung it from a tree and swung it toward some tissue boxes. To this group of kids it was like we imported an entire carnival to our yard.
- Take a moment to explain what’s edible and what isn’t. This one should be self explanatory.
- Hang donuts from a tree…it’s one of the most laugh inducing events you’ll ever see.
- Just have fun…it’s a very pleasant experience.